The draft charge to the committee is:
- Advises the AAVMC Board of Directors.
- Serves as a venue for discussions by deans of AAVMC member institutions of issues and programs around providing leadership for and promoting excellence in academic veterinary medicine to prepare the veterinary workforce with the scientific knowledge and skills required to meet societal needs through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.
- Determines the need for and develops leadership activities and programs in academic veterinary medicine, including programs, partnerships and collaborations that foster leadership growth opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and develops advancement and alumni relations informational and educational programs for AAVMC member institutions.
- Leads and develops the overall educational and social programming in collaboration with other appropriate AAVMC committees and staff for the AAVMC Annual Conference.
- Provides an annual report to the AAVMC Board of Directors on the activities of the Committee.
- Membership in the Deans Committee is limited to deans of AVMA-accredited colleges and schools of veterinary medicine which are members of the AAVMC.
2013-2014 Committee Leadership Roster
Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
North Carolina State University
, Org Comm Mem.
Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine,
University of Minnesota
Org Comm Mem.
Dean, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
Staff LiaisonExecutive Director