The AAVMC Pre-Veterinary Leadership Award recognizes a pre-veterinary student who has demonstrated leadership ability, impacted their local pre-veterinary community (through their pre-vet club, society, or association) and has advanced diversity efforts within the pre-vet club.
To be eligible for the award, candidates must:
- be an active member of an established Pre-Vet Club, Society or Association and currently enrolled in an undergraduate program of study.
- have already applied to veterinary school during the VMCAS 2021 Application Cycle and have a submitted and verified application.
You may either: 1) Nominate Yourself or 2) Nominate someone. Each nomination type has a separate nomination form.
- Any member of an established Pre-Vet Club, Society or Association may submit a nomination for themselves or for another active club member.
- The nomination period will run from January 21, 2021 – March 31, 2021.
- Nominations must include a short essay on why the individual should be considered, how their leadership has impacted their local Pre-Veterinary community and how they have advanced diversity efforts within the pre-vet club.
- Nominations must include a minimum of 1 letter of recommendation from a faculty member or a pre-vet / pre-health advisor. (If you are nominating someone else, you may upload a recommendation directly. If you are nominating yourself, you must get the recommendation letter from your faculty or advisor and upload the recommendation letter yourself.
- Incomplete submissions by the close of the award period will be automatically disqualified.
The award package includes the following:
- Personalized statuette for the winner
- A $500 award for the winner
- A $500 contribution to the winner’s Pre-Vet Club, Society or Association
- Winner profile in: AAVMC Website; Newsletters, and social media coverage
All nominations for the AAVMC Pre-Veterinary Leadership Award will be sent to the AAVMC who will process the submission packages for review & winner selection by the AAVMC’s Admissions & Recruitment Committee. The winner will be announced in April 2021.
Questions about the PVLA may be sent to: Diana Dabdub (firstname.lastname@example.org)