AAVMC Mission Statement
AAVMC provides leadership for and promotes excellence in academic veterinary medicine to prepare the veterinary workforce with the scientific knowledge and skills required to meet societal needs through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.
AAVMC pursues its mission by providing leadership in:
- Advocating on behalf of academic veterinary medicine
- Serving as a catalyst and convener on issues of importance to academic veterinary medicine
- Providing information, knowledge, and solutions to support members' work
- Facilitating enrollment in veterinary medical schools and colleges
- Building global partnerships and coalitions to advance our collective goals