The Council on International Veterinary Medical Education (CIVME) is an initiative of the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), which is keen to promote and share best practices in veterinary medical education around the world. The council will provide a means for:
- Communication and collaboration that advances veterinary medical education around the world
- Collaboration amongst educational researchers
- Dissemination of innovations and other educational advances, to magnify the impact of projects by outreach to educators and their respective organizations
The CIVME Funding Program will support initiatives that align with (one of) the above mentioned goals. The applicant(s) must clearly and convincingly describe that the proposed project promotes international collaboration in veterinary medical education.
Proposals can be in one of two categories:
- Educational research projects
- Educational exchange projects
Total project budgets should not exceed $10,000 and are limited for a period of max. 24 months. Due to the size of the CIVME grants, indirect project costs are not considered.
NOTE: preference will be given to applications that are collaborative efforts between institutions and across regions.
CIVME Research Grant Instructions
To submit an application, use the CIVME Research Grant Application.
Timeline Grant Application
September/October 2020 — Program Announcement:
- Announcement via email blast + Grant application form posted on the CIVME website
- Announcement + Grant application form location reiterated in the CIVME newsletter and AAVMC newsletter
Deadline submission full proposals — January 29th, 2021 (11:00 am EST)
- Grant proposals received at CIVMEemail@example.com
Review application — February 2021
- Review of submitted proposals by CIVME members
- Each proposal reviewed by a minimum of two members
- Quality judgement based on predefined criteria (e.g., relevance, impact, fit with CIVME goals, feasibility, risk analysis)
March 2021 AAVMC Meeting — Applicants notified of awards and announcement at meeting
- Email from CIVME to applicants, and notification of awards on website and newsletter
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org