VMCAS is the centralized application service for Colleges of Veterinary Medicine. Through VMCAS you can complete one application and send all your required materials through this service. Your application is then processed, verified for accuracy, and sent to the veterinary medical schools you designate.
New this year! The 2020-2021 VMCAS Application Cycle Will Open on January 22, 2020.
Make sure to bookmark this page because it will be your hub of information throughout the VMCAS Application Cycle! Return often for updates!
Key Dates for 2020-2021 VMCAS Application Cycle
- 1/22/20: VMCAS Application Opens
- 5/12/20: Colleges are Available/Applicants Have the Ability to Submit Applications
- 9/15/20, 11:59 PM, Eastern Time: VMCAS Application Deadline
Your journey begins here, with your VMCAS application. It's our goal to ensure that you are given all the tools you need to prepare you for your veterinary medical education career! It takes a lot of preparation and research to decide where you are going to apply, and your VMCAS staff is here to help you all the way through your application process.
- Applicants must read all instructions for each section.
- Record your username and password in a secure and easy-to-remember location.
- Review your application carefully to make sure that the data is accurate.
- Print your completed application for your records BEFORE delivering it to VMCAS. Do not send printed applications to VMCAS.
- You must submit your VMCAS application and other application materials (3 eLors, Transcripts) to
no later than September 15, 2020 @ 11:59PM, Eastern Time. No late documents are accepted.
- Be sure to register a minimum of three recommenders in the eLOR section as soon as you begin your application to allow the maximum time for recommenders to complete your letters of recommendation.
- Be sure to verify that your recommenders have received the e-mail request and have submitted your recommendations by September 15, 2020.
(VMCAS requires three (3) recommendations to be submitted prior to releasing your application for transcript verification) See: Transcript Verification Page for more information)
- VMCAS only accepts electronic recommendations submitted through the VMCAS Recommendation Portal.
- Check the eLOR section to verify that your recommendations have been received by VMCAS.
Other Application Materials
- Send transcripts to VMCAS (VMCAS-Transcripts PO BOX 9126 Watertown, MA 02471)
no later than September 15, 2020. Aim to send transcripts in earlier in order to allow time for verification.
- Check each school's requirements regarding submitting test scores
- Visit the web site for each designated college to obtain college-specific instructions.
- Complete any supplemental applications and any supplemental fees (if required).
The 2020/21 Veterinary Medical
School Admissions Requirements (VMSAR) will be available Spring 2020.
(click on the photo for ordering information)
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time
(subject to change)
Page Last Updated 1/10/2020