Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS)
Your journey begins here, with your VMCAS application. It's our goal to ensure that you are given all the tools you need to prepare you for your veterinary medical education career! It takes a lot of preparation and research to decide where you are going to apply, and your VMCAS staff is here to help you all the way through your application process.
Make sure to bookmark this page because it will be your hub of information throughout the VMCAS Application Cycle! Return often for updates!
= New or Updated
- The VMCAS 2014 application cycle opens June 5, 2013.
- Applicants must read all instructions for each section.
- Record your username and password in a secure and easy-to-remember location.
- Review your application carefully to make sure that the data is accurate.
- Print your completed application for your records BEFORE delivering it to VMCAS. Do not send printed applications to VMCAS.
- You must deliver your application to VMCAS before 1:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013.
strongly recommends submitting your application as early as September 1st, 2013 to allow time for your application to clear transcript verification!!)
- Be sure to register a minimum of three evaluators in the eLOR section as soon as you begin your application to allow the maximum time for evaluators to complete your letters of recommendation(s).
- Be sure to verify that your evaluators have received the e-mail request and have submitted your evaluation(s) by 1:00 PM Eastern Time, Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013.
(VMCAS requires one (1) evaluation to be submitted prior to releasing your application for transcript verification, but veterinary schools require a minimum of three (3) total evaluations be submitted. See: Transcript Verification Page for more information)
- VMCAS no longer accepts individual letters of recommendation in paper form. They
MUST be electronic submitted through the VMCAS Evaluation Portal. The only exceptions are multi-page committee letters and composite letters (however some schools will not accept committee/composite letters) so be sure to check with the school(s) you are applying to.
- Check the eLOR section to verify that your evaluations have been received by VMCAS.
Other Application Materials
- Send transcripts to VMCAS (VMCAS-Transcripts PO BOX 9126 Watertown, MA 02471) by September 1st, 2013 in order to allow time for verification.
- Send Fall transcripts to VMCAS (VMCAS-Transcripts PO BOX 9126 Watertown, MA 02471) by February 1, 2014.
- Send test scores directly to your designated college(s) prior to deadline.
- Visit the web site for each designated college to obtain college-specific instructions.
- Complete any supplemental applications and any supplemental fees (if required).
More information about the Veterinary Medical
School Admissions Requirements (VMSAR) publication:
(click on the photo for ordering information)
You can find most answers to your questions on this page or on links to this page.
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time
(subject to change)
Page Last Updated Feb/28/2013