Make sure to bookmark this page because it will be your hub of information throughout the VMCAS Application Cycle! Return often for updates!
- Applicants must read all instructions for each section.
- Record your username and password in a secure and easy-to-remember location.
- Review your application carefully to make sure that the data is accurate.
- Print your completed application for your records BEFORE delivering it to VMCAS. Do not send printed applications to VMCAS.
- You must deliver your VMCAS application and other application materials (3 eLors, Transcripts) to
VMCAS no later than September 17th, 2018 @ 11:59PM, Eastern Time. No late documents are accepted.
- Be sure to register a minimum of three evaluators in the eLOR section as soon as you begin your application to allow the maximum time for evaluators to complete your letters of recommendation(s).
- Be sure to verify that your evaluators have received the e-mail request and have submitted your evaluation(s) by September 17, 2018.
(VMCAS requires three (3) evaluation to be submitted prior to releasing your application for transcript verification) See: Transcript Verification Page for more information)
- VMCAS no longer accepts individual letters of recommendation in paper form. They
MUST be electronic submitted through the VMCAS Evaluation Portal. The only exceptions are multi-page committee letters and composite letters (however some schools will not accept committee/composite letters) so be sure to check with the school(s) you are applying to. Evaluations may be uploaded into the VMCAS system.
- Check the eLOR section to verify that your evaluations have been received by VMCAS.
Other Application Materials
- Send transcripts to VMCAS (VMCAS-Transcripts PO BOX 9126 Watertown, MA 02471)
no later than September 17th, 2018 or earlier in order to allow time for verification.
- Send Fall & Spring transcripts directly to your designated schools.
- Check each school's requirements regarding submitting test scores
- Visit the web site for each designated college to obtain college-specific instructions.
- Complete any supplemental applications and any supplemental fees (if required).
The 2018/2019 Veterinary Medical
School Admissions Requirements (VMSAR) publication:
(click on the photo for ordering information)
You can find most answers to your questions on this page or on links to this page.
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time
(subject to change)
Page Last Updated 03/21/2017